Build in harmony with the economy and ecology
The environmental impact assessment (EIA) provides an overview of the impact a planned construction project is likely to have on the environment.
Careful project development defines the measures necessary for the construction and operational phases. This approach improves the efficiency of the building permit process and often prevents objections to a construction project.
Our services for private and public developers are as follows:
- Advice and support during the project development phase and the building permit process
- Carrying out environmental impact assessments at all stages (preliminary assessment, main assessment)
- Planning and conducting surveys and investigations for environmental impact reports or independent surveys (in all relevant areas – soil, contaminated sites, waste management, waters, flora and fauna, noise, etc.)
- Evaluating project-related environmental impacts in the construction and operational phases
- Evaluating and planning environmental measures
- Guidance for incorporating environmental restrictions and measures into tender documentation
- Advice for developers during the tendering phase
- Environmental building management (EBM) during the implementation and commissioning phases (see environmental building management)
- Overall project management, planning coordination and developer support for complex construction projects and studies with an environmental focus"
PCB contamination in the Spöl: Environmental / legal advice
During corrosion protection work at the Punt dal Gall dam in September 2016, an incident occurred in which PCB-contaminated blasting material entered the Spöl and spread in the watercourse. The affected section of the river is partly located in the Swiss National Park and has a length of several kilometres. The Office for Nature and the Environment of the Canton of Graubünden quickly initiated initial investigations to assess the extent of the damage and set up an interdisciplinary task force. In addition, the first immediate measures (cleaning of the reservoir) and small-scale remediation test were carried out.
Remediation of the total exhaust air of Flumroc AG - Environmental impact assessment (EIA) for construction project
The project for the implementation of the remediation goals for the total exhaust air of Flumroc AG at the production site in Flums (SG) plans for the construction of new exhaust gas cleaning systems. At the same time, changes and optimisations are also planned in the production process.
Marina Tiefenbrunnen, Zurich, Environmental Impact Assessment (UVB)
A new harbour system is to be created in the Zurich-Tiefenbrunnen area. It is to be based on the ""Lake Basin Mission"" dated 2009 and provide relief to the lake basin by concentrating the boat sites at Tiefenbrunnen harbour. A water sports centre with harbour facilities is to be created. The construction project mainly comprises the new construction of publicly accessible harbour facilities with the necessary lake-side and land-side boat moorings and the nautical